The Plant Science Summer Camp (PSSC) is a two-week program consisting of workshops in the laboratories of the Center for Desert Agriculture. The program aims to expose students to the multidisciplinary aspects of Plant Biology and provide an overview of the research activities of the Plant Science Program at KAUST.
The workshop covers various aspects of basic and applied plant science, including strategies for improving the performance of classical crops in harsh environments. Participants will learn about the importance of plant biology in establishing sustainable agriculture in the kingdom.
During the workshop, students will be exposed to the multidisciplinary aspects of Plant Biology, including:
- Rice genomics
- Saltwater-based agricultural systems
- Growth regulators and food security
- Plant genome engineering, cereal genomics, and Plant microbiome
- Genetics of disease resistance in wheat
- Plant development under arid conditions
- Greenhouses and agroecosystem and Indoor farming
- Core lab tours and Admission requirement presentation
- Alumni panel discussion
By attending the PSSC, students will have the opportunity to experience state-of-the-art technologies and the scientific atmosphere within the Plant Science teams, specifically at KAUST.
Click here to access the agenda details.